In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”
- FOUR SIMPLE WORDS was all it took to have me on cloud nine all day Easter, and well into Monday.
- No, the words weren’t “Smile Jesus Loves You” although it is those four words that have helped me make it to a bit over 50 years…
- No, it wasn’t “you won the powerball”. ….
- The words appeared as if by magic in the form of two texts sent moments apart on my iPad. The first…
- “HAPPY EASTER”
- and then I replied, “I love you”
- I walked away thinking that would be it not much, it was SOMETHING at least. Then it happened again. The familiar ding/ding sound of an incoming text called me back to my iPad.
- This time the screen said,
- “Love You”
- My heart seemed to want to fly out of my chest. I began hollering “YAAAA HOOO!!!” At the top of my voice. My wonderful, caring, and sweetheart husband came to see what I was yelling about. I had tears streaming down my cheeks. My feet left the floor and I was walking suddenly on cloud nine as I informed him my daughter loves me.
- What a powerful thing love is.
- Easter 2015