Alienation is so easy to commit when you are angry.
Anger comes from PAIN.
The answer is to heal the pain first.
Here are some typical comments to avoid when talking to your children about their other parent:
• Do you hear yourself saying: “Sounds like you picked that up from your Dad/Mom.”
• Do you make a negative retort about their behavior and end it with “just like your father/mother.”
• Do you frequently compare your ex with other divorced parents you know, making sure the kids get the negative judgment?
• Do you counter every positive comment your child makes about your ex with, “Yeah, but …” and finish it with a downer?
• Do you make your children feel guilty for having had fun visiting the other parent or liking something in their home?
• Do you throw around biting statements like “If Mom/Dad really loved you …”
• Do you try to frighten or intimidate your kids…
View original post 18 more words